The holiday season gets a little hectic for most people, which means that moving during this time of the year may seem like an impossible task. As challenging as it may be, it's not impossible. The following are a few tips to help make moving during the holidays an easier and less stressful experience:
- Schedule your move ahead of time - Just because most people try to avoid having to move during the holidays doesn't mean that there are others out there just like you. If you don't schedule your move with a professional moving company in time, they may be booked for the more convenient days of the holiday season. Try to book a moving date at least a month or two ahead of time if you can so that you don't end up having to move on the day after Thanksgiving!
- Donate some of your things - There's no point in moving items you no longer need, especially if you are moving into a smaller home. Consider donating old clothes and furniture in the spirit of the holidays.
- Begin packing well ahead of time - Trying to get everything packed up at the same time as you're attempting to meet certain social obligations can be extremely difficult, so if you know that you're moving during the holidays, begin packing a month ahead of time. This way, you won't be rushing that last week to get everything packed.
- Use a storage container - If you were planning on going out of town for the holidays, consider packing up a storage container before you leave. A professional mover can then keep it at a storage facility until you get back and are ready to move into your new home.
- Don't host any holiday parties - If you regularly host a holiday party, leave it to another friend or family member to do it this year. If anything, you can throw a housewarming party once you move into your new home that's holiday-themed.
- Pack a box of holiday decorations - Unpacking can take a while, and your new home can feel a little devoid of the holiday spirit without any decorations up. So pack a box full of decorations that you can put up right away so that you'll feel right at home once you move in.
For more moving advice or to schedule your upcoming move this holiday season, contact us at Brandon Transfer today.